7.5K views

Like most people, I'm working on consolidating some of my debt into one monthly payment that I can handle. I continue to get phone calls at my house daily from creditors wanting me to apply for their credit cards, loans, etc. I always ask them not to call anymore and hang up.

The other day, I received some documents in the mail that was advertising Discover personal loans to preferred customers. They said I had earned a 5.0 Superior credit rating based on my great financial history. They offered loans from 5K to 25K. I chose to try for the 20K loan, which would pay off my vehicle and all my credit cards for $321 a month. Not a bad deal for me.

So, I call the 800 number and go through the whole process of giving name, addres, SSN, income info, etc. She placed me on hold while my credit report was analyzed. She then comes back to the line about 1-2 minutes later and says that unfortunately she cannot approve my loan request. WTF??

I have a 731 credit score and never paid a bill late. I do have high debt, but it always gets paid on time. My issue is why send out these letters telling people that they are "pre-approved" for these loans and then deny them when they actually try to get one?? I have a Discover credit card and am seriously thinking about transferring the blance and closing the account because of this.

Review about: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Had an Experience with Discover Personal Loans?

Comments

I got the letter in the mail today, I applied through phone as it was much easier for me.I got approved for a 3.5k personal loan to consolidate my credit card debt.

I was at 19.99% and they gave me 11.99% for 36 month term and that's with a 720 credit score.

No hassle at all the first guy we somehow got disconnected and I followed up with another who was very great to talk to.I kept getting denied by other lenders but guess this one was the right one!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #907614

It really is teeming with scams on the internet, really not normal.In one week I lost 500usd for payments.

I had inquiries made ??at Dandy Cash.com

came just disappointed.

I would recommend anyone to advertise on the site.I've only tried it a different website, and when I had finally found someone

who was still honest (scott_utah308@hotmail.com) Because he asked me in advance, but doubted he could give evidence and so I took the risk anyway

and I was able to borrow from him.30000usd,please don't email anybody said to be a loan lender in this website because they are all scams,they

disappoint me and run away with my 500usd,Mr Scott Utah is the only one i trust because he gave me the loan i needed,,please do not email anyone in this website because they are scams they pretend to be loan lenders they rip people of their hard earned money the USA Attorney General Of Police are searching for this guys in the internet right now so don't email this guys please they will rip you off like they did to me..

Phil Campbell, Alabama, United States #816704

I received the same mailing but it does NOT say "pre-approved", it says pre-selected...

They advertise to apply for a loan with Discover Personal Loans and then when you call you must have an invitation only.I had an account with them before, and you would think that they would allow me to have another loan, but they said invitation only.

It must have to be an exclusive person to get a loan with them.

Usak, Usak, Turkey #721730

This is to inform you of a government approved loan lending company which has the interest of those who are able to meet up with their financial requirements of life. This company just came into existence and it is ready to give loan to any individual or company that need a loan to pay back for a time interval of five (5) years and at interest rate of 3%. Also no matter the amount of money applied for will be sent to your personal bank account within the period of three (3) working days after application and there is also no hidden charges

You are advised to take advantage of this opportunity. For loan application send a request to us cooper. loanfirm2013@gmail.com and you will be sent an official application form to fill out

Warm regards

Cooper Wiltz

C.E.O

to Cooper Wiltz Honey Grove, Texas, United States #1226460

Send to jerry.lamoore@gmail.com

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #680369

So you are mad because you didn't get approved?This is not a legitamate review.

It's pure BS.

I had no problem getting approved.Perhaps you should check you credit report.

ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE

===============================

Is specialized in providing loans, Since money have been a major problem in our day today life,

We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our

priority. ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE is a UK based loan firm with lending license.

===========================================================

Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business, ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN

SERVICE offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from

ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE

===========================================================

SERVICE offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from

$1,000 to $50,000,000.

Reply us back through our Email:..stmartinsloanservice@gmail.com

Terms and condition will be sent to you on filling the application form

Your Satisfaction and Financial Success is Our Aim. We are hoping to

hear from you soon-

Email:.. stmartinsloanservice@gmail.com

THANKS AND REGARDS

REV HARRY OSCAR

Los Angeles, California, United States #651308

I just got $15,000 at 6.99% for 60 months. They make you jump through a lot of hoops just as you would when getting a refi or a car loan, but I haven't seen a better rate.