7.7K views

Like most people, I'm working on consolidating some of my debt into one monthly payment that I can handle. I continue to get phone calls at my house daily from creditors wanting me to apply for their credit cards, loans, etc. I always ask them not to call anymore and hang up.

The other day, I received some documents in the mail that was advertising Discover personal loans to preferred customers. They said I had earned a 5.0 Superior credit rating based on my great financial history. They offered loans from 5K to 25K. I chose to try for the 20K loan, which would pay off my vehicle and all my credit cards for $321 a month. Not a bad deal for me.

So, I call the 800 number and go through the whole process of giving name, addres, SSN, income info, etc. She placed me on hold while my credit report was analyzed. She then comes back to the line about 1-2 minutes later and says that unfortunately she cannot approve my loan request. WTF??

I have a 731 credit score and never paid a bill late. I do have high debt, but it always gets paid on time. My issue is why send out these letters telling people that they are "pre-approved" for these loans and then deny them when they actually try to get one?? I have a Discover credit card and am seriously thinking about transferring the blance and closing the account because of this.

Review about: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Comments

Elijah Capitals and Mortgages Limited has very helpful staff who have helped me out of a financial crisis. They take the time to carefully explain the procedures in obtaining the loan and go through solutions to resolve any financial issues you might have.

Special mention to the stall namely Ms Tracy and Mr Steven who i think are very meticulous in their work and deserve special mention.

Kudos and keep up the good work. People might come in with worries and problems but trying them out definitely helped solve my problems, and you can reach them at elijahcapitals@gmail.com

Hello, I am Mercy, currently living in New jersey city, USA. I was stuck in a financial situation in April 2017 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills.

I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit.

But as God would have it, I was introduced to a firm who gave me a loan of $45,000 and today am doing well, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without credit check, no co signer with just 3% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Donald Mark Loan Home. they don’t know that am doing this but am so happy now and i decided to let people know more about them.You can also contact them through the company email: donaldmarkloanhome@hotmail.com

Like the previous Writer, I also received the same Discover loan solicitation. I'm retired, but enjoy 3 retirement checks, each month.

I also have a high debt that's spread over several credit cards with a very good credit score and consistent on-time payments made. My thought was to consolidate them, but after going through their on-line application, I was denied a loan because of "unsatisfactory trades".

We were approved 3 almost 4 weeks ago....instantly approved....sent us return and were told to expect the money in 7 to 10 business days which equals 2 weeks. Called after reasonable amount of time and was told there was a glitch in their system...so I patiently waited another week and got the same story..they assure me the loan was approved and they are sorry and promised to let us know when the funds would be available....still waiting to get a response....we had borrowed from them in the past and ever had a problem....... Not sure what to do now

Tata Capital

We are urgently in need of kidney donors for the sum of $450,000 USD,for more details:DrMichael vaughnEmail: drmichealvarghes@gmail.comcall number: +91-9500703584WhatsApp: +91-9500703584

I got the letter in the mail today, I applied through phone as it was much easier for me. I got approved for a 3.5k personal loan to consolidate my credit card debt.

I was at 19.99% and they gave me 11.99% for 36 month term and that's with a 720 credit score.

No hassle at all the first guy we somehow got disconnected and I followed up with another who was very great to talk to. I kept getting denied by other lenders but guess this one was the right one!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #907614

It really is teeming with scams on the internet, really not normal. In one week I lost 500usd for payments.

I had inquiries made ??at Dandy Cash.com

came just disappointed.

I would recommend anyone to advertise on the site.I've only tried it a different website, and when I had finally found someone

who was still honest (scott_utah308@hotmail.com) Because he asked me in advance, but doubted he could give evidence and so I took the risk anyway

and I was able to borrow from him. 30000usd,please don't email anybody said to be a loan lender in this website because they are all scams,they

disappoint me and run away with my 500usd,Mr Scott Utah is the only one i trust because he gave me the loan i needed,,please do not email anyone in this website because they are scams they pretend to be loan lenders they rip people of their hard earned money the USA Attorney General Of Police are searching for this guys in the internet right now so don't email this guys please they will rip you off like they did to me..

Phil Campbell, Alabama, United States #816704

I received the same mailing but it does NOT say "pre-approved", it says pre-selected...

They advertise to apply for a loan with Discover Personal Loans and then when you call you must have an invitation only. I had an account with them before, and you would think that they would allow me to have another loan, but they said invitation only.

It must have to be an exclusive person to get a loan with them.

Usak, Usak, Turkey #721730

This is to inform you of a government approved loan lending company which has the interest of those who are able to meet up with their financial requirements of life. This company just came into existence and it is ready to give loan to any individual or company that need a loan to pay back for a time interval of five (5) years and at interest rate of 3%. Also no matter the amount of money applied for will be sent to your personal bank account within the period of three (3) working days after application and there is also no hidden charges

You are advised to take advantage of this opportunity. For loan application send a request to us cooper. loanfirm2013@gmail.com and you will be sent an official application form to fill out

Warm regards

Cooper Wiltz

C.E.O

to Cooper Wiltz Honey Grove, Texas, United States #1226460

Send to jerry.lamoore@gmail.com

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #680369

So you are mad because you didn't get approved? This is not a legitamate review.

It's pure BS.

I had no problem getting approved. Perhaps you should check you credit report.

ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE

===============================

Is specialized in providing loans, Since money have been a major problem in our day today life,

We provide loan with 2% interest rate Our loans are well insured and maximum security is our

priority. ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE is a UK based loan firm with lending license.

===========================================================

Are you in need of urgent loan to clear your bill, start a business, ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN

SERVICE offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from

ST MARTINS CHURCH LOAN SERVICE

===========================================================

SERVICE offers loans to Individual as well as company which ranges from

$1,000 to $50,000,000.

Reply us back through our Email:..stmartinsloanservice@gmail.com

Terms and condition will be sent to you on filling the application form

Your Satisfaction and Financial Success is Our Aim. We are hoping to

hear from you soon-

Email:.. stmartinsloanservice@gmail.com

THANKS AND REGARDS

REV HARRY OSCAR

Los Angeles, California, United States #651308

I just got $15,000 at 6.99% for 60 months. They make you jump through a lot of hoops just as you would when getting a refi or a car loan, but I haven't seen a better rate.

April 2013 - I applied for, and received approval for $25K at 8.99% interest, 48 month. Credit score is 730. I have about $40,000 in available credit, with $1,000 average monthly balance. One of the cards is a discovercard for $9,000 with a zero balance.

Not sure if I am going to take the loan, but this was a better rate than my bank gave me (which I've been a loyal customer since 1986). The bank said they could get the rate below discover's but they would need to take collateral (2nd mortgage).

For what it's worth...

I see nothing wrong with this loan. Borrowed $9000 and got a 7.99 apr in minutes. Thats with a 750 fico score.

If the invitation doesn't work use another web browser. I tried Chrome and it failed so then I used Explorer and it worked.

I did only have 20% debt out of $45,000 in credit lines ratio so maybe that helped.

discover credit cards suspend accounts for any possible reasons

do you want to deal with a company that suspend accounts for any possible reasons

discover credit cards suspend accounts if you put a wrong pasword more than a certain number of time

they use a unique technology, called "preistoric technology" they sispend accounts for any reason

how is possible that you don't have the same problem with other financial institutuions?

so are they ALL WRONG, execept discover?

the problems with discover credit card

1) they do not clearly indicakes how many times you can try to put the paswords until they suspend the account

2) the don't care about customers time

3) they waste time with preistoric security procedures!- discover

the current year is 2012 (two thousand and twelwe) not 1929!!

preistorics!

i waste my time with this people ,my invitation # never worked ,so called the company and they said that ,the # was not good at all ,why they sended me this f&#%@ letter in the first place :? :( :( :(

This Loan was a great deal since I wanted to consolidate my high APR debt. Applied online and called to complete the process.

Chad (who replied to these posts)completed my application, asked me a few questions and enthusiastically APPROVED me for a low APR on the loan. Then he disappears and didn't call back so I can give him the account info I want to consolidate. I call Discover and was told I was denied. REALLY?

Give hope and take it away. What a WASTE OF TIME.