Discover Personal Loans - Cancel loan application ref : 000818311133881

The request to download my banking deposits from my bank turned into a nightmare directing me to apps of which I am totally at a loss dealing with so please withdraw my application.

Too short a statement I see on the bottom of this box. so Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow and everywhere that Mary went to lamb was sure to go.

Ok still too short...Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear anybody happy birthday to you.

I love a parade a marching band the majorettes seventy six trombones lead the big parade a hundred and one clarinets close at hand. Thank you,

Wes Bundy misterwes@sbcglobal.net

3538 Bluff St

Norco,CA 92860

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: see my issue explained on previous page.

Preferred solution: withdraw my loan application. ref: 000818311133881.

Discover Personal Loans - Deceitful and would not send transcripts of recorded phone calls

Interest Rate

this was my second loan with discover and am also a discover credit card holder. first loan went well and was paid back early.

this loan was offered as a simple interest loan which I understand interest is equally charged to each payment unless extra payments are made. first payment of approx. $690 went to interest only and second payment of same amount was only paying approx. $20 to principal.

this Is not my understanding of simple interest. during phone call the representative told me it was a front load interest loan meaning I pay most of the interest up front. so, even if I pay the loan off in the first two years I've already paid most of the interest. The loan agreement says it is a simple interest loan- VERY DECEITFUL!!!!!!!

They would not send me transcripts of our recorded phone calls BECAUSE THEY ARE LIARS!!!!! I paid the loan off today at the second payment due date. Cost me about $1200.00 in interest for two months.

Lost a customer for sure. They should be investigated!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Deceitful practices.

Comments

Unfortunately any time you receive a loan from any lender you always pay the interest first. It is very unfair and they never tell you upfront.

Same with a mortgage.

This is why it doesn’t make sense to pay it off early because your really are not saving much interest if you had the loan more than a year. They all do it just not Discover.

to Lee #1550477

I think you are mistaken that is not the definition of a simple interest loan

Discover Personal Loans - HAD A LOAN ONCE NEVER AGAIN

1.9
Interest Rate

Had some medical issue's in the family and asked Discover for a second loan. At first the lady said I was approved then she wanted to know about every detail in my credit report..why did you use that card ,why so you have this debt then she just said my app had to go to underwriting and that i had to wait three days for approval.

I guess she forgot I had a loan with them before and was approved rather quickly. I waited the three days and when I called was told that I was not approved and now I have wait for the letter stating why.

.My credit report shows I've never missed a payment in over 20yrs. So they lost me as a client.

Discover Personal Loans - Bad bank

Interest Rate

My sister took my information and get personal loans from this so call bank. When I discover the fraud I contact thes as seen as possible to let them know I was not aware about so such money.

Ask me for a police report, I did and so on. Keep checking on them for what going on, they are not doing nothing and they think I am guilty for what happened. They are not looking after the frauder. Four months from now no positive response.

I am waiting on them to send the loans to court cause I don’t make that such money and I will ever ever borrow it and they pretend I will pay it. Kiss my ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Worst bank ever. Bank of America will give away that money before contacting the owner

Discover Personal Loans - Bait switch Letter

Interest Rate

Discover sent me a letter saying I was pre approved for a consolidation loan for my great customer rating with them. But in the FINE print of course there is ALWAYS a catch.

I don't know why they try and lure you into this when they already have access to your credit score (which was 1 point below their criteria). Like I told the lady your in a catch 20/20 when your trying to consolidate, if you didn't need to consolidate then you would NOT be calling. I don't feel as though Discover is really their for their customers as they try and say they are.

You have to excellent credit and a very low ratio to get approved for their loans. I just wish Discover and others would STOP wasting money on sending out invitations when they know and have the way of knowing you don't qualify!

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Proper information needs to be disclosed up front.

Discover Personal Loans - Bate and switch

Interest Rate

I received an advertising marketing through mail for a pre-approved loan for 6.99% loan. Fill out the information on-line and was requested to call the loan dept.

direct to finish my application. Upon talking with sales person she was asking questions that didn't pertain to my loan. Like what are the rate of my current credit cards that I was going to pay off. I understand why she ask those question now because she wanted to sell me this higher rate of 10.99 and stated this was the best rate even thought my credit is excellent.

I declined the loan but before hanging up she than lowers the rate to 9.99. At this point I am very upset stated didn't want any loan from Discover.

What happen to I receiving the best rate!! This is nothing more than an illegal bate and switch!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Give me the loan advertised 6.99%/ $15,000/ 36 months.

I liked: Called and talked with superviser anthony.

I didn't like: Rate and lack of reduction of interest.

Saint John, Antigua and Barbuda #1320581

Not resolved. No contact of any kind.

Discover Personal Loans - Easy

4.9
Interest Rate

I got a letter, pre approved. So just for the heck of it I applied.

The money would have been nice to consolidate my bills anyway. ( widowed and having to get loans for moving and other things to get settled and having to buy another automobile,had put me in a bind.)Five days later a very nice customer service agent called, said is the amount you asked for enough? Asked me to call and give him info on who I wanted to pay off and the payoff addresses and account numbers. I called gave them the info same day, I did not want any cash.

The total was actually less than what I had asked for and they sent it through with no problems. I did not have to send any paperwork. With a credit score of just over 700 and a fixed income I was surprised they approved it so fast and the interest rate was very, very small ( 14%) considering the high rate loans I was paying... some at 45% and 3 years.

being retired I was delighted to have $500 extra dollars a month.

I would definitely use them again and I was very happy with their terms. I also set up an auto pay so as not to have any worries about payments.

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Fast order processing.

Discover Personal Loans - Poor accounting system

Stay away from Discover Personal Loans - period! They have a very difficult time in keeping my payments correct.

I make my payments before or on the due date, and they still call me harassing me about not making a payment, and this is after I receive a letter stating that they received my payment and the payment has been taken out of my account. If this keeps one person form avoiding Discover, then it was worth it.

Then, to top it off, I received a letter apologizing for the inconvience and would send me a check for $100 - over a month ago and still waiting. Will not hold my breath on this one!

Discover Personal Loans - Loan Review from Mesa, Arizona

I am totally baffled-I spoke with a Discover customer Rep. for a soft pull on my credit to determine my interest rate and then proceed with the application process I have a mid 800 FICO score and am currently a Discover card holder.

After giving my Name, SSN and addresss the Discover Rep. informed me "I'm sorry, I know this is not what you would like to hear but you're not eligible for a loan". When I asked for a specific reason she stated "you'll be getting a letter in the mail". I then called a credit monitoring service I pay on a monthly basis to verify that nothing was amiss with my credit and they confirmed that all of my reports are fine and all of my credit card payments are paid on time as agreed!

I'm highly disappointed with Discover Financial Services. And I won't be recommending Discover to any of my friends or family!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Misleading information by costumer service. Be careful!

Chandler, Arizona, United States #1261860

Did you try to speak with someone else besides him?

If not, don't just let one person ruin your trust with them.

Chino Valley, Arizona, United States #1247077

Keep in mind your credit score is not only the determining factor . Your debt to income could be high or you have too many highly utilized cards or too mich debt . Hope this helps .

Wayne, New Jersey, United States #1244427

Same thing happened to me. Denied for loan good credit rating and pulled my credit reports and they were fine!~

View more comments

Discover Personal Loans - Loan Review from Riverside, California

Interest Rate

They Disapproved my applications Reason ......Insufficient income....REALLY?????? They sent me all this reason why I didn't get approve because my length of credit history ......common people ....I just started my credit because I'm new to this country since I had my first credit card I word hard to it to improved it in my monthly score even stated that I have a credit worthiness....I paid my bills on time I know how much money I have and borrow money that I know i can paid it in time.

That's why I wanted to get a personal loan because I have personal bills to be paid. Like doctors bill, credit card bills and unfortunately air-conditioning unit and hope to get a car for this loan.( I walk or ask for a ride every day to work or take the bus.) But Now thank you to personal loani won't be able to accomplish this matter because you Disapproved my application.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS OFFER .YOU SUPPOSE TO BE A HELP TO MY CREDIT SCORE BUT YOU HURT MY SCORE IN STEAD.