Westwego, Louisiana
9K views

I got the pre-approval personal loan letter in the mail offering up to 25k with a 7.99% interest.Read all the fine print, and decided it would be a good way to consolidate debt from 3 other credit cards.

Filled out the app online, spent a good 30 mins on the phone with a rep repeating all my information that I already had filled out online and at the end he said we were approved for the 25k with a 8% loan. I was thrilled - I knew we had good credit but figured this would be a great way to pay off debt that's been adding up and have a little extra on the side for other things. Over the next couple days I sent in my paystubs, proof of employment, and the debt information that needed to be paid off, etc. Called twice to check on status - said processing.

Got a call today, 7 days later from starting the app saying we were denied. Couldn't even have a dollar loan. After being "pre-approve". I tried talking with them asking other options.

Nothing. So in sum, waste of time and a pretty big let down when for an entire week I thought I HAD this loan since they told me I was approved. Now they also ran my credit for nothing and have all my and my husband's information.

Not happy.Don't waste your time!

Review about: Discover Personal Loans Loan.

Had an Experience with Discover Personal Loans?

Comments

Riverside, California, United States #1204613

REALLY A WASTE OF TIME AND BIG HURT TO MY CREDIT SCORE SO BAD.THEY FULL A HARD FULL FROM MY CREDIT SCORE AND GOT DECLINED I EVEN HAD A GREAT SCORE ....VERY DISAPPOINTED AND UNHAPPY ABOUT THE RESULT. Discover personal loan Suck.

From-RLS,

I too was sent a pre-approved from discover.I sent them statements, pay stubs.The statements showed direct deposit from my job and the name of the Company I work for.

I was not approved because my pay stub did not have the Company name I worked for. I offered the phone number of my job so they could check it out.

They refused.They are a waste of time.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #932445

I just went through the same ordeal.Was offered a loan higher than what I really wanted to pay on for the period time of the loan.

When I declined the loan, the representative insisted I let her transfer me to someone else.A waste of time and really shady.

Never apply for discover personal loan it gonna be waste of time repeating same information that u filled out on app. And ur credit will be runned for nothing. And u r going to decrease ur score too.on top of that

U will be depressed.

Irving, Texas, United States #631774

Yeah, I received the same ad and, too, thought it would be a good idea.After going through the hoops they require, I was approved but at 17.99%.

That rate is above the rate I'm paying on the cards I wanted to pay off!

What's crazier is I even told them the rate I was currently paying and they still "approved" me for much more.I told the lady that I would be *** to take the loan, but she kept trying to sell it to me.